5 Key Tips For Choosing The Right Car Seat
Choosing a car seat for your child can be a daunting task. With an overwhelming number of options on the market, how do you know which brand or model is best and safest?
The key function of a car seat is to minimize harm to your child in the event of an accident. Other factors to consider in your search are ease of use, versatility, comfort and how the model fits in your car whether alone or with multiple car seats. Here are some tips to help you make an informed purchase:
- Always buy new – You might have boxes of hand-me-down baby clothes and toys, and more power to you. But a car seat is one item that should always be new. Technology is always improving, and you might not know what that old car seat’s been through. It may have been in a crash or have been recalled. The Diono Radian Convertible + Booster seats include a full steel frame to stand strong in the event of an accident, making it one of the safest car seats on the market.
- Choose a car seat that’s appropriate for your child’s age, weight, and height – Each car seat will provide specifications in the owner’s manual. The Diono Radian Convertible + Booster seats have a full steel frame, high performance birth to booster car seats from 5 to 120 lbs. Diono Radian seats provide versatility and may be the only car seat you’ll need for your growing child. When your child is ready to graduate to a booster the Diono Monterey High Back Booster seat has an adjustable system that accommodates children up to 120 lbs. and 63 inches tall.
- Know how much room you have in your back seat - Some of the larger car seat models may not fit well in all cars – particularly if you have more than one child in a car seat. Diono Radian streamlined seats have a design that works even in smaller cars and uniquely fits three across.
- Check out expert as well as customer reviews – websites such as Amazon, Babies ‘R Us and the TheBump.com feature insights from other consumers, and these reviews can help you make an informed purchase. You’ll find that customers provide extremely positive testimonials about the comfort of the Diono Radian and installation is easy and straightforward.
- After you’ve made your purchase – install the seat and take it to a local certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (to find one near you, go to http://cert.safekids.org). Keep your receipts and the box. If the safety technician tells you the seat does not fit your vehicle, return it to the store immediately for an exchange or a refund.
At Diono we know how important safety is, visit http://us.diono.com to view videos to help with proper installation and car seat safety information http://us.diono.com/resources/safety-info . Also check out the complete Diono line of stylish car seats, travel gear, car seat and stroller accessories that have earned the trust of parents around the globe.
When you have the right seat, share your experience online to help other parents cut through the confusion.