Checklist: Maternity Ward Tour
Hey, the next time you see this room, you'll be in labor. Get the details now.
Since getting your questions answered is the whole point of taking a maternity ward tour, planning them out beforehand is definitely a good idea. Here are a few to get you started:
- When we arrive, do we need to check in at the front desk, or can I waddle straight to the maternity ward?
- What are the policies on cameras and video cameras?
- Are cell phones allowed?
- Will baby be able to stay in my room the whole time?
- Can my partner stay the night?
- What are my chances for getting a private room? Will my insurance cover it?
- What sort of breastfeeding support is offered? How does it work?
- Where and when are my other children allowed to be with me?
- Is there any extra paperwork involved to get my partner’s name on the birth certificate? (If you aren't married)
- Can I pre-register a couple of weeks before delivery? (Getting some of the legal hoopla out of the way can be very freeing.)