Checklist: How To Create A Nursery
Ready for the most adorable interior design project? With all the cute mobiles and wall art out there, it's easy to overlook the more important pieces of decor. Here's what every nursery really needs.
Whether creating a nursery is a treat or a trial (or both!) for you, this checklist will guide you through the process. (Items with a * are must-haves.)
- Crib, cradle or bassinet (slats no more than 2 and 3/8 inches apart, top rails at least 26 inches above mattresss, corner posts no more than 1/16 of an inch above the frame)*
- Firm, flat mattress fit snugly in crib (less than two fingers should fit between mattress and crib)*
- 1-3 washable crib mattress pads
- 2-4 fitted crib sheets*
- 4-6 soft, light receiving blankets*
- 1-2 heavier blankets (for colder climates)
- Rocking or arm chair
- Music box, sound machine or CD player
- Crib mobile with black and white images (remove when baby can support self on hands and knees)
- Baby monitor
- Toy basket
- Swing or bouncy chair
Ready to register? Get started now.