Okay, I blame my hormones, (I'm 37 weeks now!) but for real, most people have lost the art of conversation when it comes to being knocked up. There are other things going on in my life other than the beach ball consuming my midsection! (Also, don't stare. Didn't your mother teach you not to stare at people?)
I have to say there are some really annoying things people say that make my skin crawl on the daily — and it's started to become a broken record of questions and statements. Hopefully they'll stop once baby arrives but you never know!
Here are the top 10 most obnoxious things I've heard lately:
- Do you have any names picked out? OMG, WE WERE SUPPOSED TO PICK BABY'S NAMES BEFORE WE MEET HIM?
- Do you know what you're having? Uh, well, we think it's a human, but we're not sure...
- "You look like you’re ready to pop!” Thanks for pointing out the obvious! Did you notice that the sky is also blue today, too?
- Are you going to get drugs during delivery? No, but I am going to get drugs to deal with Y-O-U.
- How are you feeling? I feel the same way I felt when you asked me five minutes ago, and five minutes before that, and when I walked in this morning. Chances are, I'll still feel the same when you ask me again, five minutes from now.
- You sure there is just one in there? OMG, no, there's a sock, some leftover ham from last Christmas, and a DVR up there too!
- Who will watch the baby when you go back to work? You mean, like, I'm not supposed to bring the baby to work with me?
- You're STILL pregnant? Yes — and you're still a JERK!
- Did you know that girls suck the beauty out of their mothers? If you wanted to tell me I looked ugly today, I'm sure there was a way better way of doing so instead of insulting my unborn child. But, hey, thanks! You look like a peach, too!
- Looks like you've gained a little junk in the trunk. Wait, am I hearing things, or did you really just that to me? The last two were nice little nuggets spewed to me at work by coworkers — thanks for making a girl feel special!
What were the worst things you heard while pregnant?