With school back in session, it's harder to find time to eat as a family. This weekend, wake the gang up a little earlier and prepare a delicious (and filling) breakfast. These Blueberry Lemon Whole Wheat Pancakes from Weelicions: One Family. One Meal, are easy to make and everyone will love them!
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, plus more for cooking1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unthawed blueberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, milk, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined (it’s okay if there are a few lumps).
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with oil.
- Pour about 1 heaping tablespoon of the pancake batter onto the griddle and top with 2 to 3 blueberries. Repeat to make more pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Serve with maple syrup, honey, or butter.
What do you make for weekend breakfasts? What do you think of these pancakes?