Color-Inspired Baby Names
March 2, 2017
*Blue Ivy (Beyonce and Jay-Z)
* The most-hyped baby of 2012 deserves a unique name, right? Well the celeb power couple didn’t disappoint, Blue Ivy’s name had the Internet buzzing. Several conspiracy theories about what her name really means. But really, blue is a pretty color so it’s okay by us.
*Poet Sienna Rose (Soleil Moon Frye and Jason Goldberg)
* Whoa, Punky Brewster! Two color names (Sienna and Rose) for one baby? That’s risky, but we love it. Although these words aren’t really your regular colors (like say, red or green), to us they are — does anyone remember the crayon color “Burnt Sienna?” Her whole name is pretty romantic — Sienna and Rose together reminds us of a sunset, and with Poet in as her first name, we think it’s Shakespeare- or Byron-worthy. And it looks like Soleil’s a fan of color names, because she named her second daughter Jagger Joseph Blue.
*Olive (Isla Fisher and Sasha Baron Cohen)
* The name Olive — a food and a gorgeous shade of green — is perfect for Isla Fisher and Sasha Baron Cohen’s little girl. It’s cute, sweet and unique.
*Bear Blu (Alicia Silverstone and Christoper Jarecki)
* Okay, so we bashed Bear Blu’s name before. While we still stand by our previous comments, we have to say this name is perfect for Alicia Silverstone’s baby. She’s a known animal rights and environmental activist, so Bear Blu is the perfect combo of nature and style.
*Violet (Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck)
* We like to think that Violet was the game-changer for color-inspired names. It used to remind us of a grandmother’s name (she was named after her maternal great-grandmother), but now it makes us think about Jennifer Garner’s mini-me (who’s so cute!). We can’t wait to find out what Ben and Jen are going to name their third child!
*Levon Green (Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke)
* A traditional name combined with a hue-inspired one? You’ve got the best of both worlds right there. Although Uma and Ethan are no longer together, we applaud their combined creativity when it came to baby naming.
* The sexy Hollywood actress has the perfect sultry name — it suits her smoky voice and enviable curves! We wonder if her parents had any idea that she’d reach bombshell status?
*Hazel Patricia (Julia Roberts and Danny Moder)
* Hazel is quirky, but still very adorable. And when your twin brother is named Phinnaeus Walter, well, you’ve got to have a name that’s equally epic.
* Sting’s first daughter is definitely not a baby anymore — she’s 29 years old — but her bright name is pretty funky and cool. And hey it’s better than Roxanne, right?
*Petal Blossom Rainbow (Jools and Jamie Oliver)
* We’re thinking Jools and Jamie Oliver couldn’t decide on one color, so they just went with Rainbow. This little girl’s name is super girly – wouldn’t it be funny if she turns out to be a huge tomboy? At least Petal Blossom Rainbow isn’t the odd girl out with her siblings — she’s got two sisters named Poppy Honey (another hue-themed name!) and Daisy Boo and a brother named Buddy Bear Maurice.
*Peaches Honeyblossom (Bob Geldof)
* When you’ve got a rocker dad, it’s inevitable that you’ll have a pretty interesting name. Peaches, who’s made a name for herself as a model and journalist, just announced that she’s pregnant, so we’re anxious to find out what she plans on naming her first child.
* Singer Pink was originally known as Alecia Beth Moore, but she decided to go with a childhood nickname as her stage name. Apparently, people called her Pink because she would embarrass easily and turn pink. We just love that this tough-as-nails rockstar has such a feminine nickname!
Plus, more from The Bump: