DIY Halloween Costume: Charlie Chaplin
March 2, 2017
Last year Lori, head of Creative Services at The Bump, dressed one of her sons as comedy icon, Charlie Chaplin. Learn how to turn your little man into a classy and comical act.
What You Need:
- Kid’s size bowler hat
- Kid’s size black jacket and pants
- White button-down shirt
- Black shoes
- Faux daisy
- Bamboo walking cane
- Soft eyeliner pencil in black
How to Make It:
- Cut off the stem of the daisy and sew or glue it onto the lapel of the suit jacket.
- Bring the bamboo cane to a hardware store and have it cut to the appropriate height (or, if you have the tools at home, cut it yourself!)
- Dress up your son in the shirt, suit and hat.
- Draw a narrow mustache right under his nose with the black eyeliner.
Add Something Extra:
- Encourage your little man to waddle walk!
What’s your child going to be for Halloween this year?