Those 'Tree of Life' Filters Can Now Make Your Sonograms Magical
You’re bonding with baby before he or she is even born. And that feeling you get when you see their sonogram? It might look a little something like, I don’t know, this:
PicsArt, the same app behind the #TreeOfLife brelfie trend in December, is helping moms turn their bump photos—and their sonograms—into works of art. But just like with the breastfeeding selfie photo edits, the idea came from moms.
“We actually saw creative moms start to do this organically around the time the Tree of Life trend happened,” Megan Hansen, PicsArt’s director of content, tells The Bump. “Since then we noticed more and more of these edits being uploaded to PicsArt and shared in parenting/mom-focused groups and forums. We decided to post the tutorial on our blog about how to make them to celebrate Mother’s Day and have since seen another surge since then. We think they’re beautiful!”
Want to give it a go? To get started, you’ll need a bump photo and a sonogram photo. PicsArt explains what to do from there:
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Tap on the pink plus sign at the bottom of the screen, select “Edit” and open one of your pregnancy pictures in the photo editor.
- Tap on “Add Photo” and choose a picture of a baby or your sonogram. Adjust the size and place it over your belly. Use the slider to adjust the opacity.
- Tap on the eraser icon at the top of the screen and erase the edges of the added picture. Tap on the 5. check mark to confirm, then tap on “Apply.”
- Tap on Magic and choose the Midnight photo effect (we also love the Rainbow photo effect with this edit!). Pro tip: If you want to customize the photo effect, tap on the effect icon a second time to open the settings panel and play with the settings. Tap on “Apply” when you’re done.
- Tap on the arrow in the top right corner to finish. Save your edit and share it on PicsArt with the hashtag #BabyInBelly!
Get inspired by even more #BabyInBelly photos here.