Kid-Friendly Recipe: Grilled Caprese Chicken
To me, a parent's best tool for creating healthy meals for their family is a grill. Almost anything can be made on a grill including pizza, fruits and even pound cake (yes really!). With only a short time left before the cold weather comes, this is an excellent time to take advantage of your grill and make a delicious family meal on it.
I enjoy growing a lot of our own fruits and vegetables right in our backyard. This summer we have gotten an overwhelming amount of tomatoes, and just about anything caprese — caprese salad, caprese pizza — has become a big hit with my kids. I just recently surprised them with this delicious caprese chicken. I love that I was able to make a deliciously healthy dinner in just a few minutes with tomatoes we grew in our garden. And the kids helped too!
1 pound of fresh chicken tenders 1 container of whole milk mozzarella 2 large tomatoes 1/4 cup of basil Salt Pepper Optional balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken tenders.
- Grill one side of the chicken tenders for about 5 minutes, or until 1/2 way cooked.
- Then flip the chicken using a metal spatula.
- After flipping the chicken, top the chicken with tomatoes, basil and cheese.
- Grill on low heat for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.
What are your favorite healthy meals to serve to your kids?