What My Baby Is Grateful For This Thanksgiving
I asked my 9-month-old daughter, Evie, what she’s thankful for this Thanksgiving. She clapped her hands, belched, then picked up her copy of _Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See _and started babbling:
What I’m grateful for this Thanksgiving
- Mommy’s boobs.
- A fresh, dry diaper...ahhh.
- The awesome orange monkey mirror hanging from my play mat gym.
- All-night sound machines – especially the White Noise setting.
- Avocado chunks that aren’t too slippery and just the right size to gum down.
- Pureed prunes — for when I have that no-so-regular feeling.
- Rubdowns from my nanny, who happens to be a trained massage therapist.
- Milk (see: Boobs.)
- The occasional glimpse of television — that screen is transfixing!
- Photos of my parents, which never fail to bring a huge smile to my face.
- The wind in my hair when Mommy and Daddy push me on the swing.
- Sneezing dogs – that s&%t is funny.
- Have I mentioned boobs?
Happy Thanksgiving, baby!
What do you think your baby would say she's thankful for, if she could talk?