Use this guide to stock your medicine chest or first aid kit, and you'll be prepared for all of baby's minor aches and illnesses. Always discuss medications and treatments with your pediatrician before administering them to baby.
- Infant tooth brush
- Baby nail clippers
- Blunt scissors
- Cotton balls (don’t use swabs to clean baby’s nose or ears)
- Baby brush or comb
- Baby thermometer
- Medicine dropper
- Bulb syringe/nasal aspirator
- Petroleum jelly and sterile gauze (for circumcision care)
- Saline nasal drops (AAP-approved in place of cough and cold medicine)
- Baby gas drops (AAP-approved Simethicone)
- Infant Acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol, safe after 12 weeks)
- Antibiotic cream (safe for ages 2+)
Ready to register? Get started now.
Updated August 2016