The Best Children’s Books of 2023 So Far, According to Amazon Editors
Whether you are stocking your nursery library or looking for the perfect book to gift your grandchild for the summer slump, Amazon is here to help with its Best Books of The Year So Far. After reading and reviewing thousands of books, Amazon’s book editors have selected 100 of 2023’s top tomes so far, featuring picks across several genres, including mystery and thrillers, science fiction and fantasy, biography, children’s books, young adult and more.
The No. 1 pick for children’s books? The Eyes and the Impossible by Dave Eggers. Written for ages 8-12 years old, the book follows Johannes, a free dog who lives in an urban park by the sea and works as “the eyes” of the park monitoring the comings and goings and changes around the area. Amazon describes the book ais an endearing and beautifully illustrated story of a dog who unwittingly becomes a hero to a park full of animals.
If you are looking for something a little more age-appropriate for your toddler or early reader, consider Welcome to the World by Julia Donaldson. The top winner in the ages baby to 2 years old category, Welcome to The World is a “loving picture book celebration of babies’ first experiences,” notes Amazon. “From the comfort of home to the adventures of the great outdoors, from spending time with family to first encounters with nature, this lyrical rhyming picture book will be relatable for all caretakers introducing their babies to the world.”
The Top 10 Best Children’s Books of 2023 So Far:
- The Eyes and the Impossible by Dave Eggers
- The Fantastic Bureau of Imagination by Brad Montague
- InvestiGators: Agents of S.U.I.T. by John Patrick Green
- Greenwild by Pari Thomson
- Dog Man: Twenty Thousand Fleas Under the Sea: A Graphic Novel (Dog Man #11): From the Creator of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
- CROWNED: Magical Folk and Fairy Tales from the Diaspora by Kahran and Regis Bethencourt
- Welcome to the World by Julia Donaldson
- The Labors of Hercules Beal by Gary D. Schmidt
- The Artist by Ed Vere
- Once Upon a Book by Grace Lin
You can find a complete list of all the top 20 children’s books of the year so far and see the top 10 for each age group at Amazon.com.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.