A Bouquet of Pickles Is What Every Pregnant Woman Is Dreaming of This Valentine's Day
This is the true way to an expectant mama’s heart.
Why gift someone a standard floral arrangement when you can make them a true (and edible) work of art: a bouquet of pickles!
The brainchild comes from Boston-based Grillo’s Pickles, whose founder chatted with TODAY about unique ways to gift pickles to loved ones this Valentine’s Day.
“Not only is a pickle bouquet more beautiful than a dozen red roses, and healthier than a standard box of chocolate, it’s also far more creative,” Travis Grillo tells TODAY.
The inspiration behind the bouquet comes from Grillo’s old, Italian family recipe: cucumbers, salt, dill, garlic, water, grape leaves and vinegar. The company doesn’t actually the tasty arrangement, but it’s encouraging pickle-lovers to DIY at home.
Not sure how? Grillo’s Pickles offers the following instructions:
- Wrap floral tissue around the bottom of foam cylinder
- Place foam cylinder and tissue in Grillo’s Pickles container or vase
- Skewer a variety of pickles and extras and set aside
- Arrange skewers in foam at varying heights and garnish with fresh dill or artificial greenery
- Place finished bouquet in cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon
- Share with your sweetie!
Grillo’s is challenging lovers to share their own creations on social media and tag the company @GrillosPickles.
If you’re really craving pickles, skip the fancy romantic dinner and chow down on a savory pickle pizza instead. This New York pickle-inspired pizzeria has the right idea.