These Parenting Trends Will Shape 2023, Pinterest Report Says
As year end recaps roll in from tech giants like Google and Spotify, Pinterest is looking ahead to the new year in an attempt to predict the future—the future of fashion, home décor, beauty, parenting and more.
In its 2023 Pinterest Predicts report, the popular inspiration and planning platform has analyzed months of data to identify the soon-to-be trends that will emerge or continue to grow in 2023. The result? A shockingly accurate vision of what’s to come. Over the past three years, 80 percent of trends predicted have come to fruition.
So what’s trending this year in parenting, you might ask? Pinterest points to three main themes:
As advocacy and visibility around postpartum care grows, people are increasingly heading to Pinterest for ways to support parents and heal themselves. Searches from Millennials, in particular, suggest people are seeking ways to support parents—searching for everything from postpartum meals to gifts and essentials.
- Searches for postpartum basket rose by 135 percent
- Postpartum essentials rose by 85 percent
- Postpartum meals by 70 percent
- Postpartum gift by 140 percent
Gender norms are shifting—and parenting approaches are, too. According to Pinterest, searches among Gen Z and Millennials show a desire to break down the binary as they raise the next generation. From pronoun flashcards and gender flags to self-identity art and unisex names, they’re proudly practicing gender-neutral parenting.
- Searches for Personal pronouns flashcards rose by 80 percent
- My self activities for kids rose by 35 percent
- Self-identity art rose by 75 percent
- Gender flags by 285 percent
- Unisex name by 90 percent
While not specifically identified under the parenting category, Pinterest’s report shows an increase in the popularity of nonalcoholic beverages. Whether you are cutting out drinking during your pregnancy or ditching the booze for other reasons, search results seems to suggest you are in good company, and have some great options!
- Searches for fancy nonalcoholic drinks rose by 220 percent
- Mocktail bar rose by 75 percent
- Cocktail garnish ideas creative rose by 225 percent
- Fancy ice cubes rose by 75 percent
- Creative cocktails presentation by 555 percent
To view the full report, check out Pinterest.com.