New Parent Feeding Guide Stage Three
Makes 16 baby servings
1 cup packed fresh spinach
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a blender, combine the spinach, buttermilk, egg, and oil and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for one minute longer and serve.
*Mixture can also be used in a waffle iron following manufacturer's directions.
Makes 1 baby serving
1 cup fruit (of your choice fresh or frozen such as mango, berries, papaya, pineapple or cherries)
1/2 cup plain yogurt or kefir
1/2 cup milk (I like to use vanilla rice or almond milk)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
Makes 4 baby servings
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound prepackaged gnocchi
2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
- Heat the oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and carrots and sauté until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and puree until smooth using an immersion blender, or carefully transfer to a regular blender and puree.
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions.
- Drain the gnocchi, add to the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Top the gnocchi with basil, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese balls.
1 large sweet potato
1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut sweet potato into 2-inch batons which resemble french fries. You can also cut them in long wedges so they resemble steak fries.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until the sweet potatoes are coated with oil.
- Place cookie sheet in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 minutes (Keep an eye on them. They go from golden to burnt quick!).
- With a spatula, flip the potatoes, and continue to bake another 15 minutes or until they have a golden color.
- Cool and serve.