Dress Your Baby Bump With Inspiration From Style Bloggers
Naomi Davis (aka Taza)
Mom to Eleanor (age four), Samson (age three) and Conrad (born in December 2014), blogs about her family and life in New York City while showing off her quirky-cool bohemian chic sense of style. Get inspired by more of her artsy eclectic wardrobe at LoveTaza.com.
Flaunt your belly in fitted fabrics
Retro-inspired sunglasses are a chic complement to any outfit
- Try layering pieces with your bump. It’s very comfortable and flattering.
- Bold prints are fun and can help make your bump appear smaller, as they can distract the eye.
- A lot of non-maternity dresses work well if they have a higher waistline. It’s a great way to maximize your current wardrobe for as long as you can.
Mom to Ruby (age three) and Coco (born in October 2014), has been sharing her whimsical, laid-back California style with the world since she launched her popular lifestyle blog in 2005. While pregnant with Coco, Joy had plenty of fun with her look, pairing bright prints with casual and comfy silhouettes. Take a look at more of her cheery outfit ideas at OhJoy.com.
Stripes look extra-cute on moms-to-be
Prints on bottom? Go solid up top
- As your bump grows, emphasize your best assets. Love your legs? Show them off in a knee-length dress.
- Shopping vintage? Look for A-line dresses with a high seam just below the bust, which leaves room for your expanding belly.
- When you’re not quite ready for full-on maternity jeans, try a cute pair of patterned elastic-waist pants. Just make sure they’re not too baggy.
New mom to baby Isla (who was born in May 2015) didn’t let pregnancy put a dent in her signature feminine style. From sky-high stilettos to slinky silhouettes, the Salt Lake City–based blogger has stayed true to an array of glamorous looks. Browse more of her chic, colorful outfit ideas (and shop for the jewelry she designs) at PinkPeonies.com.
Detailed flats are practical yet fashionable
Bright accents add a playful touch to basic black
- Don’t shy away from color just because you’re pregnant. The key is to find a silhouette that flatters your growing bump.
- A slimming little black dress is a must-have for any mom-to-be.
- Stretchy pencil skirts have been my best friend during pregnancy. Pair them with a classic blouse and nude heels to elongate your legs.
Mom to Elin (born in November 2014), may live in Santa Barbara, California, but she has that cool NYC vibe down to a tee with her monochromatic palette and sleek accessories. Check out more of her edgy looks at CouldIHaveThat.com.
Bold jewelry balances out your bump
Head-to-toe black is a no-brainer way to flatter your body
- Invest in a good leather jacket. I got mine in my first trimester and wore it nonstop over sweet dresses or comfy tees.
- Splurge on accessories—hats, especially—since you can still wear them all after baby arrives.
- Figure-hugging dresses + an oversize coat or cardigan = slimming and comfortable.