The 11 Best Nursing Pajamas and Nightgowns for Home and Hospital
When you’re pregnant and on the hunt for the perfect pajamas, comfort is key—but once baby is on the scene, breastfeeding moms need to take convenience into account too. After all, when you’re waking up multiple times in the night to (deliriously) feed your hungry little one, quick and easy nursing access is a necessity. The best nursing pajamas have button-down tops, lift-up flaps or clip-down straps that allow you to breastfeed baby without stretching your clothes or taking anything off. Look for pajama sets made from soft, stretchy fabrics with an elastic waistband that can adjust to your fluctuating shape, or opt for a nursing nightgown for a fit that’s more flowy.
So where are the best places to shop for top-notch nursing pajamas and nightgowns? Read on for a list of our favorite brands and retailers, plus our top picks for every kind of nursing pajamas. You’ll want to stock up on a few sets to have at home and even bring to the hospital to make feeding baby in those first few days as easy as possible. Below, check out our favorites for every style and need.
Not sure where to start your search for the best nursing pajamas? Here are our favorite places to shop for cute, comfy, high-quality pajama sets and nursing nightgowns.
Motherhood Maternity. Whether you’re looking for two-piece nursing pajama sets, nursing nightgowns, robes or nursing bras for sleep, Motherhood Maternity has it all—and at reasonable prices to boot. What’s more, it’s a great retail destination for plus-size nursing pajamas too.
Kindred Bravely. If you’re looking for something beyond your run-of-the-mill cotton PJs, head to Kindred Bravely. They’ve got bamboo nursing pajamas, fleece pajamas and ribbed pajamas, all deliciously soft and stretchy.
Amazon. For seemingly infinite options at budget-friendly prices, there’s no better place to shop for nursing pajamas than good old Amazon. Plus, you can get lightning fast shipping, for when you can’t bear another night of taking your T-shirt off and on a gazillion times.
Just like any other sleepwear, there are a ton of nursing pajama options out there to choose from. Before shopping, consider which type would best suit your needs:
- Nursing pajama sets. Nursing pajama sets provide full coverage to keep you warm and cozy both day and night (because let’s face it, when you have a newborn, there will be plenty of days when you don’t get around to getting dressed). Nursing pajama sets offer fantastic flexibility: You can opt for short sleeves and shorts or long sleeves and pants (or mix and match), depending on the weather. They’re also super functional, since button-down tops offer easy nursing access. A few bundles even come with nursing tank tops or stylish robes as well.
- Nursing nightgowns. If you prefer a flowier fit, a nursing nightgown is for you. Thanks to V-neck styles and front-button plackets, they’re perfect for easy breastfeeding access at night and pair especially well with a comfy robe. Some can even double as a labor or delivery gown!
To help with your hunt for the best nursing pajamas and nightgowns, we’ve put together this list of our favorite options. Below, shop our top picks to find your perfect match.
The look of this nursing pajama set is an absolute classic. The navy striped bottoms are soft and roomy with a wide elastic belly band, so you can wear them during pregnancy as well as the postpartum period. The sleeveless tank top—designed for wear underneath the matching robe—has a cross V-neck design that makes it easy to feed baby. Better yet, this nursing pajama set comes with a matching newborn gown and hat for a mommy-and-me look—how sweet!
Sizing: XS to XL | Material: 95% rayon/5% spandex | Color options: 28 | Care instructions: Machine wash, line dry
- Five-piece set includes an outfit for mom and baby
- V-neck style top offers easy nursing access
- Comes in a wide variety of colors and prints
- Newborn hat and gown only come in one size (0 to 3 months)
Looking for an affordable nursing nightgown? You can’t go wrong with this versatile option. It’s super-soft (perfect for sensitive postpartum skin), and features a simple V-neck design for added convenience. To keep you feeling supported, there’s a gentle elastic waistband that comfortably stretches without pressing on your stomach. What’s more, this nursing nightgown also has a front skirt slit, so it could also double as a delivery gown.
Sizing: S to XXL | Material: 95% rayon/5% spandex | Color options: 25 | Care instructions: N/A
- Reviewers say it offers easy access while still providing great coverage
- Can also be worn as a delivery gown
- Comes in a wide variety of colors and prints
- Affordable price point
- Some reviewers say it’s shorter than they expected it to be
Made from lightweight viscose, these stylish nursing pajamas are delightfully soft. The wide-leg pants have handy pockets and a stretchy waistband, while the ruched top can easily be pulled down for feeding. Plus, the versatile design means they can be worn for napping, lounging or even working from home.
Sizing: S to XXL | Material: 94% viscose/6% spandex | Color options: 3 | Care instructions: Machine wash cold, tumble dry low
- Reviewers say the fabric is lightweight and keeps you cool
- Ruched top easily pulls down for nursing access
- Wide, stretchy waistband is perfect for maternity and postpartum wear
- Features pockets for added convenience
- 28.5” inseam may not suit taller moms
No one likes waking up sweaty—luckily, this nursing pajamas set can help keep you cool. Made from ultra-comfy, lightweight bamboo fabric, you can count on these pjs to be breathable all night long. The shorts feature a stretchy waistband that can be worn under your bump—then, when baby’s on the scene, you can unbutton the top for nursing access. These nursing pajamas are a win-win!
Sizing: S to XXL | Material: 95% bamboo viscose/5% spandex | Color options: 4 | Care instructions: Machine wash cold, tumble dry low
- Super comfy during pregnancy and the postpartum period, according to reviewers
- Top buttons down for straightforward nursing access
- Chic piping detail on the top and shorts
- Reviewers suggest sizing up if you intend to wear these pjs during pregnancy
Another top option for the hospital and home? This maternity and nursing pajama bundle from the celebrity-favorite brand Seraphine. The set comes with every style of nursing pajamas you’d want: A super soft top with lift-up nursing access along with tapered, bump-friendly pants; a nursing nightgown with front snaps; and a matching robe to snuggle up in before, during and after feeding sessions. This nursing gown and robe set really does have it all!
Sizing: XS to XXL | Material: 95% viscose/5% elastane | Color options: 1 | Care instructions: Machine wash, do not tumble dry
- Made from soft, stretchy jersey fabric
- Hospital-bag-ready bundle
- The nightgown and top both offer simple nursing access
- Only available in one color
If you’re like most breastfeeding parents, you probably feel like you’re feeding non-stop some days. That’s where this jack-of-all-trades jumpsuit comes in. The 100 percent cotton nursing pajamas are ultra-comfortable and suitable for both day and night. While technically not a pajama “set,” you’ll certainly look put-together in this pick—even if you just got out of bed. Available in three colors in a pretty pointelle pattern, this jumpsuit is bound to become your favorite set of nursing pajamas.
Sizing: 0 to 4 | Material: 100% cotton | Color options: 4 | Care instructions: Machine wash cold, tumble dry
- Can be worn day or night
- Front button-down style offers simple nursing access
- Features pockets
- HATCH has unique sizing options; consult their sizing guide before ordering
- High price point
When it comes to nursing pajamas for the hospital, this three-piece set from Storq is a surefire winner. Reviewers say the chic style helped them feel put together and comfortable before and after delivery. Choose from four cool color options for a go-to lounge set you can depend on for late-night feeding sessions and early afternoon naps alike. The matching tank top, pants and belted robe are loose-fitting to adapt to your current stage, whether that be the first or fourth trimester. Another highlight: Storq offers inclusive sizing options, making this a great retailer for plus-size nursing pajamas as well.
Sizing: XS to 4X | Material: 95% cotton/5% spandex | Color options: 4 | Care instructions: Machine wash cold, tumble dry low or lay flat to dry
- Nursing- and c-section-friendly design
- Loose-fitting style adapts to your current stage
- Chic three-piece set can be worn day or night
- Inclusive sizing options
- High price point (but reviewers say it’s worth it!)
This lightweight, plus-size maternity nightgown and robe set will keep you cool while you sleep, and—thanks to the easy clip-down straps—it’s breastfeeding-friendly for the postpartum period. The sweet lace-trimmed robe completes the cozy look and makes it ideal for breakfast in bed and beyond.
Sizing: 1X to 3X | Material: 96% rayon/4% spandex | Color options: 2 | Care instructions: Machine-washable
- Clip-down top for simple breastfeeding access
- Sweet lace-trim detailing
- Can be worn during pregnancy or the postpartum period
- Has non-removable pads
If you’re shopping for plus-size nursing pajamas for the hospital and home, consider this set with all the essentials. It includes a cute with a lace-trimmed, V-neck design as well as pajama pants, all in a soft breathable fabric. Comfortable and cute? We’re sold!
Sizing: 1X to 3X | Material: 95% rayon/5% spandex | Color options: 3 | Care instructions: Hand wash cold, hang dry
- V-neck style is perfect for breastfeeding
- Foldover waistband to adjust to your needs
- Cute lace-trim detailing
- Reviewers suggest sizing down
- Not machine-washable
This bamboo nursing nightgown has it all: comfort, style and functionality. Featuring a snap front for easy nursing access and long sleeves for added warmth, this versatile nightgown is perfect for pregnancy, nursing and long after. Other highlights include the built-in shelf bra and the convenient pockets. Choose from three cozy colors: navy, burgundy or black.
Sizing: S to XXL | Material: 97% bamboo viscose/3% spandex | Color options: 3 | Care instructions: Machine wash cold, tumble dry low
- Perfect for lounging and sleep, according to reviewers
- Made from super-soft, breathable fabric
- Has pockets
- Some reviewers say it took time to get used to the built-in shelf bra
Last but definitely not least on our list are the Eberjey Gisele pajamas, which were awarded a Best of Pregnancy award. Although they’re not specifically designed as nursing pajamas, the buttoned top is ideal for breastfeeding, while the low-rise elastic waistband offers maximum comfort—an essential feature for postpartum pajamas. We also love the modal-jersey material, which is cool to the touch and offers plenty of stretch to accommodate your changing shape from the first to the fourth trimester. Our editors wore these throughout pregnancy and postpartum and then beyond their breastfeeding journeys.
Sizing: XS to XL | Material: 95% tencel modal/5% spandex| Color options: 21 | Care instructions: Machine wash cold, tumble dry low
- Classic button-down top offers easy nursing access
- Low-rise waistband is great for pregnangy and postpartum comfort
- Made from buttery soft, breathable fabric
- Can be monogrammed
- Available in a wide variety of chic colors
- Not technically postpartum pajamas
Don’t know where to begin when it comes to postpartum clothing? We’ve got you covered. To help you pick out the best nursing pajamas, we scrolled through tons of options from leading brands and online retailers, so you don’t have to. When sourcing clothes to feature in our roundup, we considered several aspects, including quality and durability, material, sizing options, value, breastfeeding-friendly features and, of course, style. We also read user reviews to understand how these nursing pajamas and nightgowns have worked for real moms, and didn’t consider anything with less than an average four-star rating.
Interested in learning more about our editorial process? Read about how our team develops and reviews all articles here.
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.