The 14 Best Organic Baby Clothing Brands
As a new parent, it’s natural that you want to wrap your newborn in soft, snuggly clothes that are gentle on their sensitive, delicate skin. It’s no wonder, then, that organic baby clothes have soared in popularity in recent years. Free of synthetic materials and toxic chemicals, organic baby clothing is made to be safe for your little one. And with so many companies offering organic options, there are tons of adorable designs and patterns to choose from. Of course, that also means it can be hard to zero in on the best organic baby clothes brands to shop—so we’ve done the legwork for you. Here are our favorite places to buy cute and functional organic baby clothing.
One of the most popular fabrics used in baby clothing is cotton. The classic material is soft and breathable, which is perfect for baby’s sensitive skin. But cotton also happens to be one of the world’s dirtiest crops, with toxic chemicals commonly sprayed on it. Organic cotton, on the other hand, is free of fertilizers, pesticides and other concerning chemicals. The organic farming process uses less carbon (since less fuel and energy consumption is required; and, because it doesn’t involve any chemicals, it also doesn’t lead to water contamination. In other words, opting for organic baby clothing can be a safer choice for your family and the environment.
Of course, organic baby clothes also tend to be more expensive. Ultimately it comes down to deciding what you can afford and balancing benefits with cost. If your finances allow, you might consider buying organic wardrobe essentials for items that touch baby’s skin throughout the day, such as onesies and hats. The good news is that with so many options for organic baby clothes, you’re likely to find something that fits your budget.
When hunting down the best organic baby clothing, keep an eye out for various labels and certifications that ensure the product is indeed organic and safe. Some third-party certifications to look for when it comes to organic baby clothes include:
USDA Organic. To meet the USDA-organic criteria, clothes must be composed of a minimum of 95 percent organic components; they also must be produced using USDA-certified organic crops.
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). The toughest organic textile standard is also the world’s leading textile processing authority for organic fibers. Not only is the farming process verified, so is every step of manufacturing—including a guarantee of no child or slave labor.
Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX. This common label tests for unhealthy chemicals and harmful substances. If it’s verified, you can feel good about your choice.
From its inception, the brand has been focused on leaving this world a better place for our children—which starts with sustainable practices.Partnering with one of India’s most eco-friendly garment manufacturers, they’ve seeked new ways to save energy, reduce waste and make quality products that are safe for consumers and the environment.
- Clothing offerings: Solid and printed everyday wardrobe essentials, such as bodysuits, leggings, sleep bags and swaddles
- Style: Sweet prints and color-block neutrals
- Price range: $26 to $56
- Size range: Newborn to 24 months
The most widely accessible brand on our list just so happens to offer the widest range of clothing and accessories that are also budget-friendly. Created in 2012, the clothes are made with GOTS-certified organic cotton and come in a ton of fun prints.
- Clothing offerings: Printed pajamas, nursery bedding, gift sets and even skincare
- Style: Timelessly stylish, durable and high-quality baby essentials that get even better with wear
- Price range: $15 to $35
- Size range: Preemie to 14 years
Striking a balance between stylish and sustainable, this brand has got you covered, from their cute clothing to their thoughtfully made toys and baby gear. Dedicated to only using the finest 100 percent organic cotton, eco-friendly dyes and all-natural wood, their goodies are produced in fair-trade settings that focus on social and economic independence.
- Clothing offerings: Graphic bodysuits, footies, tees, snap-on-and-off jumpers and cute and functional accessories
- Style: Modern colors, fresh prints and heirloom-quality options that are anything but boring
- Price range: $12 to $38
- Size range: Newborn to XL adult
Founded by twin sisters, the brand is proudly committed to the highest safety and sustainability standards in everything they offer. With an uncompromising commitment you can feel good about, your whole family will love their timeless clothes in memorable pops of color, made of breathable, durable materials that are gentle on the skin.
- Clothing offerings: Practical and beautiful sleep bags, bodysuits and pajama sets in their signature ultra-soft and sustainable Tencel-Lyocell and organic cotton jersey-knit fabric
- Style: Tasteful designs at the highest quality
- Price range: $10 to $60
- Size range: Newborn to 6T
We dare you not to fall in love with the entire line of Pinterest-worthy exquisite baby clothing from Jamie Kay. Founded in 2013, by a New Zealand mom, the beautifully crafted wardrobe essentials are made of the purest organic cotton, stonewashed linen and merino wool with an ethical production process.
- Clothing offerings: Sweeter than sweet dresses, frill ankle socks and snuggly knits that are perfect for layering in all seasons
- Style: Neutral color palettes and subtle floral prints
- Price range: $5 to $42
- Size range: Newborn - 10 years
Mindfully designed with both baby and Mom in mind, the brand is known for their easy on-and-off clothing in fun limited-edition prints. Made of the softest, GOTS-certified organic cotton, the highest standard you can get for organic fabrics, there's definitely no compromising here.
- Clothing offerings: Cute bodysuits with envelope-style necklines, wrap-front rompers, loose-fitting gowns and rompers
- Style: From head to toe, all their fun clothes are meant to be mixed and matched to suit your own personal style
- Price range: $16 to $40
- Size range: Newborn to 5T
Founded by a mom on a mission, the brand is committed to creating adorable clothing the whole family can enjoy that’s honest and ethical throughout every stage of production and beyond. Using organic cotton, water-based dyes and nickel-free snaps, these basics are unmissable.
- Clothing offerings: Classic bodysuits, leggings and two-way zip sleepers that get even cozier with each wash
- Style: Classic and modern
- Price range: $8 to $95
- Size range: Newborn to 24 Months
Founded on a personal mission, the full line of GOTS-certified organic cotton baby clothes uses eco-friendly fabrics and processes to ensure that L'ovedbaby leaves behind the smallest carbon footprint possible. They believe that organic is not only safer for your little ones and the environment, but also for the cotton farmers themselves.
- Clothing offerings: Kimono bodysuits that are designed to wrap around the body for easy on and off and body-hugging footsies to keep baby warm
- Style: Neutral basics in solid colors
- Price range: $10 to $40
- Size range: Preemie to 24 Months
Intentionally made by moms for moms, the brand is recognizable for its timeless, well-made essentials that are the perfect foundation to your little one’s wardrobe. Committed to sustainability from the ground up, using recycled packaging, organic eco-friendly fabrics and even earth-inspired colors, you’ll want to stock up on the best quality essentials that are kind to the planet and baby’s sensitive skin.
- Clothing offerings: Bodysuits with lead- and nickel-free snaps
- Style: Timeless, gender-neutral designs and fun graphics
- Price range: $14 to $40
- Size range: Newborn to 24 Months
The parent-founded company is committed to providing safe, natural products in a conscious and sustainable way. And the minimalist designs are absolutely charming.
- Clothing offerings: Lightweight, breathable rompers and jumpsuits and buttery soft, breathable, kimono sleep gowns
- Style: Minimalist modern designs
- Price range: $20 to $40
- Size range: Newborn to 5T
Founded by a mom of two in 2020, the brand was set out to create something better and committing to taking the time to source organic and pure materials, resulting in high-quality clothing that gets better with each wash. Classic meets modern with these little pieces of luxury.
- Clothing offerings: Sweet and soft organic cotton baby clothes (think rompers, knitted sets and muslin blankets with water-based dyes)
- Style: Timeless gender neutral basics in subdued colors
- Price range: $18 to $125
- Size range: Newborn to 2T
The brand set out to revolutionize the only garment of clothing baby needs for their first year of life with their signature “babysuit.” Sustainably and ethically made with ultra-soft 100 percent GOTS-certified organic Pima cotton, you’ll love the detachable bib, fold-over footies, two-way zipper and leg snaps—they make for the easiest changes. You can even customize it!
- Clothing offerings: The essential playsuit, elevated
- Style: Minimalist with a touch of the whimsical
- Price range: $36+
- Size range: Newborn to 12 months
On a mission to create the highest quality products that are thoughtfully produced using sustainable fabric, the brand uses a mix of bamboo and organic cotton in their fabrics with a hint of elastane for stretch, resulting in some of the coziest baby clothes on the market.
- Clothing offerings: Ribbed bodysuits, organic baby leggings and two-zip baby pajamas
- Style: Simple prints and designs in a ton of colors to choose from
- Price range: $20 to $120
- Size range: Newborn to 24 Months
Known for their festive pajamas (and matching family styles!), Hanna Andersson is a household reason with good reason. The quality and craftsmanship can’t be beat, and the prices—while not inexpensive per se—certainly won’t cause major sticker shock. Many of the brand's pieces are made using organic cotton and other recycled materials, so you can feel good about dressing baby in the coziest (and most sustainable!) winter jammies.
- Clothing offerings: Colorful footie pajamas and two-piece sets, dresses, rompers and other basic essentials
- Style: Colorful graphics and prints, as well as streamlined basics
- Price range: $7 to $62
- Size range: Newborn to Adult