21 Ways to Word a Brilliant Birth Announcement
August 6, 2020
So you just had a baby—congrats! Up next? Introducing your new addition to the world with a personalized baby announcement. Birth announcements are cards sent out to your family and friends announcing the arrival of your son or daughter (or multiples). They typically feature a newborn photo and essential birth announcement info, including:
- Length (in inches)
- Time and place baby was born (optional)
- Parent or parents’ names
And any other message you’d like to share! If this last bit has you stumped, don’t worry. We rounded up some of the best birth announcement wording options to give your little one a meaningful introduction to the world. Pick the opening lines, add the basic info above and—voila—you have your very own baby announcement card.
Need more inspiration? (Or want to speed up the process and buy stationery on the spot?) We also included shoppable designs for every situation. Whether they’re for a baby girl or a baby boy, for a special holiday or a certain theme, these birth announcement ideas say it all.
Birth announcement wording and ideas in this article:
Baby girl birth announcements
Baby boy birth announcements
Twin birth announcements
Holiday birth announcements
Unique birth announcements
Funny birth announcements
Disney birth announcements
Baby girl birth announcement wording
Searching for a sweet, whimsical message to announce the birth of your baby girl? Look no further—the birth announcement wording of these three notes should do the trick.
• Twinkle, twinkle, little star. Do you know how loved you are? Introducing our baby girl…
• Welcome to the world, precious girl. Announcing the arrival of our daughter…
• Thank heaven for little girls. Introducing our daughter…
Our favorite baby girl birth announcements
From classic stripes to abstract paint strokes, we can’t get enough of these baby girl birth announcements. Take a peek and consider how you might customize one of these for your own baby announcement.
Buy it: Mixbook Watercolor Stripes Girls Birth Announcements, from $1 per card, Mixbook.com
Buy it: Petite Lemon Floral Laurel Birth Announcement, from $2 per card, Shutterfly.com
Buy it: Erika Firm Pretty Paint Splashed Birth Announcements, from $2 per card, Minted.com
Baby boy birth announcement wording
Check out these equally joyous baby boy announcements. It’s worth noting: With a little light tweaking, most of these birth announcement ideas work for any gender. So pick the one that feels most true to you and your family, and edit away.
• How wonderful life is now he’s in the world. Announcing the arrival of our son…
• Oh boy, he’s finally here! Welcoming little [baby’s name] to the world…
• He’s officially a big brother! Say hello to [older son]’s new best friend… This one’s for siblings and can easily be used for sisters too!
Our favorite baby boy birth announcements
The baby boy birth announcement ideas don’t end there. The following shoppable options range from adorable to punny.
Buy it: Mixbook Glittered Confetti Announcement Boys Birth Announcements, from $1 per card, Mixbook.com
Buy it: Frooted Design Little Sonshine Birth Announcements, from $2 per card, Minted.com
View more birth announcement cards like this here.
Buy it: Yours Truly Symbolic Love Boy Birth Announcement, from $1 per card, Shutterfly.com
Twin birth announcement wording
Double the pleasure, double the fun! There’s two times the love in a twin birth announcement, and no one’s going to fault you for playing up that number. Go ahead, double down on those twin references using these birth announcement wording solutions:
• Twice the love, twice the joy. [Parents’ names] proudly introduce their twins…
• The best things come in pairs. We joyfully introduce our sons to the world…
• Doubles, anyone? Say hello to the next famous tennis twins, our daughters…
Our favorite twin birth announcements
Ready to think about twin birth announcement designs? Try one of these t(w)otally awesome photo cards that give both babies a special shout out.
Buy it: Erica Krystek Twin Joy Birth Announcements, from $2 per card, Minted.com
Buy it: Heythird Twinning Babies Foil-Pressed Birth Announcements, from $2 per card, Minted.com
Buy it: Erica Krystek Two Is the New One Letterpress Birth Announcement Cards, from $2 per card, Minted.com
Holiday birth announcement wording
Whether baby was born right before the holidays or you’ve been holding out until now, holiday birth announcements are a surefire way to add some extra joy to the season. Here, some birth announcement ideas for how to phrase your very merry card:
• It’s an especially happy new year with this little [boy/girl] in our lives. Details…
• Look what Santa brought us! Details…
• ’Tis the season—for love. Season’s greetings from our new little love bug…
Our favorite holiday birth announcements
Love the idea of holiday birth announcements? Keep scrolling for some design inspiration. Whether you’re celebrating Christmas or New Year’s, these festive cards should do the trick.
Buy it: Everett Paper Goods New Love Holiday Birth Announcement Cards, from $2 per card, Minted.com
Buy it: Between Friends Simply Joyful Birth Announcement, from $1 per card, Shutterfly.com
Buy it: Mixbook Christmas Gift Girls Birth Announcements, from $1 per card, Mixbook.com
Unique birth announcement wording
Every child is one of a kind—so why not introduce baby in a unique way? Check out these three fresh birth announcement ideas, whether you’re a millennial mom, a bookworm dad or just one happy parent.
• The snuggle is real. Meet the cuddliest member of our family…
• “Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day.” Say hello to our new little love, who has already brightened our days. Details… (We love this quote from Winnie-the-Pooh, but if you’re a big reader, you can comb any of your favorite children’s books for some wonderfully under-appreciated quotes, and pair a recognizable name with unexpected and meaningful words.)
• A new cheek to kiss, a new child to love. Our hearts are brimming as we announce the birth of our [son/daughter]… A good option for second-time parents.
Our favorite unique birth announcements
Pair creative wording with a creative card design! These surprising finds are sure to please any modern moms and dads.
Buy it: Kristen Smith Bold Capital Birth Announcements, from $2 per card, Minted.com
Buy it: Heritage and Joy Classy Noah Birth Announcement Minibook Cards, from $4 per card, Minted.com
Buy it: Joanna Griffin Bold Adventure Foil-Pressed Birth Announcements, from $2 per card, Minted.com
Funny birth announcement wording
What’s more LOL-worthy than the realities of new parenthood? (Answer: Not much.) So why not just roll with it and go the funny route with your birth announcement wording. You know all the parents out there will relate.
• The true meaning of #blessed: Sleepless nights and nonstop poop…but look at that little face! (Swoon.) Introducing…
• Escaped from the womb! Wanted—for stealing his parents’ hearts. Meet…
• Sh!t just got real. (Seriously, it’s in abundance.) Say hello to our little pooper…
Our favorite funny birth announcements
These funny birth announcements—including a James Bond-inspired card and a humorous take on a new sibling—are sure to make you (and your card recipients) giggle.
Buy it: Up Up Creative Another Brother Birth Announcements, from $2 each, Minted.com
Buy it: Pink House Press Oh Baby Foil-Pressed Birth Announcements, from $2 per card, Minted.com
Buy it: Phrosne Ras The Name Birth Announcements, from $2 per card, Minted.com
Disney birth announcement wording
For those die-hard fans of classic kid movies, here are a few Disney-themed birth announcement ideas. (Let’s be honest, who wouldn’t love receiving a Star Wars birth announcement?)
• Meet our Minnie-Me! Announcing the arrival of… With a photo of a little girl in Minnie ears.
• The force awakens (at all hours of the night). Meet our new little jedi…
• We wished upon a star—and our dreams came true. She’s finally here to say hello! Introducing…
Our favorite Disney birth announcements
We get it: You can’t get enough of Disney. (Neither can we!) Welcome your new movie-watching buddy with one of these kid-friendly birth announcement designs, all of which nod to a beloved Disney character.
Buy it: Disney Winnie the Pooh Honey Bee Birth Announcement, from $2 per card, Shutterfly.com
Buy it: Disney’s Mickey & Friends Baby Minnie Mouse Birth Announcement, $2 per card, Zazzle.com
Buy it: Disney Dumbo & Timothy Q. Mouse Birth Announcement, $2 per card, Papier.com
Want to check out more adorable birth announcements? Head here to see The Bump favorites.Updated November 2018