The 2019 Best of Baby Award Winner for Top Pacifier
A lot of parents love pacifiers for their instant and uncanny ability to, well, pacify a crying newborn. The fact that they can help reduce the risk of SIDS is a (huge) added bonus. But babies find some pacifiers easier to accept and hold onto than others—and there’s nothing more frustrating than when baby desperately needs their paci but keeps inadvertently spitting it out. Which is why we’re big fans of MAM pacifiers. The orthodontist-approved design stays not only in baby’s mouth better, but also in the anatomically proper position. MAM pacis are made with more than a single piece, so just always check to ensure the parts are secure.
- Pediatric dentists and orthodontists weighed in on the design to ensure MAM pacifiers support healthy dental development; it’s symmetrical, which is ideal for baby’s jaw development and means you can pop it in any which way and not worry about it being upside down. Plus, the nipple adapts to baby’s mouth so it’s always in the correct position
- The soft silicone nipple is meant to feel more like Mom’s and has a unique anti-slip surface, meaning it stays in baby’s mouth way more easily than other brands
- MAM’s newborn pacifiers (for birth - 2 months) feature curved shields with sizeable air holes and tiny bumps on the inner surface, which keep the pacifier from trapping drool and avoid irritating baby’s sensitive skin (and makes using a pacifier clip a breeze)
- They come with a plastic carrying case, convenient for keeping pacifiers clean while on the go; even better, you can use the case to quickly sterilize the pacis in the microwave
- MAM has offerings for every age group up to 16 months+, including glow-in-the-dark pacifiers (so you can locate it in the middle night without frantically feeling around) and ones for babies with extra-sensitive skin
Buy it: $7, Amazon.com