CircleBumpCheckedFilledMedicalBookmarkBookmarkTickBookmarkAddCheckBoxCheckBoxFilled

The 2019 Best of Baby Award Winner for Top Crib Mattress

It’s a highly breathable mattress that maximizes airflow and helps baby stay cool and comfortable.
save article
profile picture of The Bump Editors
Updated April 24, 2019
crib mattress by newton baby
Image: Newton Baby
We have included third party products to help you navigate and enjoy life’s biggest moments. Purchases made through links on this page may earn us a commission.

And the Winner Is: The Newton Crib Mattress

Safe sleep is a top concern for new parents, and understandably so. Given how much time your little one will (hopefully) spend sleeping in their crib, choosing the right mattress is key—and those who use the Newton Crib Mattress are huge fans. It’s a highly breathable mattress that reduces the risk of suffocation and overheating, and it’s free of toxic, off-gassing chemicals and allergens.

What We Love

  • This innovative mattress core is 90 percent air! The other 10 percent is food-grade polymer. Its construction maximizes airflow and helps baby stay cool and comfortable and breath easy, even when they roll over at night
  • You won’t find any of the foam, latex or glue commonly found in other crib mattresses, meaning no off gassing, toxic chemicals or allergens; in fact, it’s Greenguard Gold certified for safety
  • Your crib mattress is bound to get messy—luckily, the Newton is 100 percent washable; toss the mattress cover into the washing machine (and dryer!) and the mattress core into the tub for a deep-clean soak

Buy it: $300, Amazon.com

save article
ADVERTISEMENT

Next on Your Reading List

couple arranging baby items in crib
Your Ultimate Checklist of Baby Essentials
Medically Reviewed by Dina DiMaggio Walters, MD
Parent with children in matching clothes
28 Cult-Favorite Baby Brands Founded by Moms
By Stephanie Grassullo
baby in red dress holding a red heart balloon for valentine's day
18 of the Best Valentine's Day Sales for Families Happening Now
By Wyndi Kappes
ADVERTISEMENT
UPPAbaby Cruz V2 vs UPPAbaby Vista V2 best of the bump testers
UPPAbaby Cruz vs. Vista, Reviewed by Real Parents
By Emma O'Regan-Reidy
Parent checking baby in travel crib
The Best Travel Cribs, Tested by Babies on the Go
By Marygrace Taylor
new mom pushing baby in stroller
Your Age-By-Age Guide to Strollers: What to Get When
By Emma O'Regan-Reidy
best baby monitors, video baby monitor
The 10 Best Baby Monitors, Tested and Reviewed
By Korin Miller
ADVERTISEMENT
Best Nursery Humidifiers-hero
The Best Humidifiers to Keep Baby Happy and Healthy
By Emma O'Regan-Reidy
Best Bassinets-hero
The 10 Best Bassinets for Baby, Tested Through the Night
By Lynsey Eidell
mother buckling baby into car seat
The 10 Best Convertible Car Seats You Can Buy Now, Tested by Parents
By Marygrace Taylor
ADVERTISEMENT
couple walking outside with baby in carrier
The Best Baby Carriers You Can Buy Now, Tested by Parents
By Emma O'Regan-Reidy
mother feeding laughing baby in high chair
The Best High Chairs for Baby, Tested by Parents
By Elizabeth Nelson
The Best Triple Strollers for Growing Families-hero
The Best Triple Strollers for Growing Families
By Lynsey Eidell
ADVERTISEMENT
Cutest Baby Bibs-hero
12 Best Baby Bibs to Keep Little Ones Clean
By Christin Perry
Best Double Jogging Stroller-hero
The Best Double Jogging Strollers for Runners
By Martina Garvey
certified pre loved snoo from happiest baby
How to Save Almost 50 Percent Off the Cult-Fave SNOO Smart Sleeper
By Wyndi Kappes
mom and dad looking at laptop with baby
The Black Friday Baby Deals You Don’t Want to Miss
By Emma O'Regan-Reidy
ADVERTISEMENT
Best Kids Wagons-hero
The 10 Best Kids’ Wagons to Take on Outdoor Adventures
By Danielle Halibey
father and baby playing with toys
This Year’s Best Black Friday Toy Deals, Hands Down
By Emma O'Regan-Reidy
father and baby shopping online during christmas time
Where to Score the Best Cyber Monday Baby Deals This Year
By Emma O'Regan-Reidy
ADVERTISEMENT
Article removed.
Article removed.
Name added. View Your List