The 2019 Best of Baby Award Winner for Top Everyday Stroller
There are a million types of strollers for parents’ various needs, but when it comes to your everyday stroller, you want a workhorse that can keep baby comfy and cozy and adapt to your busy day. At The Bump, we’re having a bit of a love affair with Silver Cross, a UK-based brand that’s been around since 1877 (you read that right!) and recently made it onto the radar of savvy American parents. We tapped its Wave stroller as a Best of Baby winner in 2018, and this year were wowed by its latest addition, the Coast. The streamline stroller can go from a single to double and even be used as a travel system. It’s versatile, easy to use and a true pleasure to push.
- Swap out the seats (bassinet, regular seat or car seat), face them in or out or add a second one—you can choose from a whopping 27 different seat configurations
- Silver Cross paid special attention to comfort, for both baby and parent: The seat is super-plush and fully reclines, the canopy and storage basket are generous and the one-handed adjustable handlebar is longer than most, accommodating both short and extra-tall parents
- Thanks to the four wheel suspension, puncture-proof back wheels and lockable swivel front wheels, this stroller really does coast on even rough terrain
- It may not be the most compact fold we’ve come across, but the Coast easily collapses with a two-hand single fold with the seat still on, and self-locks to keep things contained
- With a pair of adapters, you can pop your Nuna, Maxi Cosi or Cybex car seat into the Coast’s frame, converting it into a handy travel system
Buy it: $999, SilverCrossUS.com