Richard as a boy's name is pronounced RICH-erd. It is of Old German origin, and the meaning of Richard is "powerful leader".
Wondering who else shares this name? Check out these well known people who made this baby name famous.
- RichardPrincess Alice and Prince Henry
- Richard ArkwrightInventor
- Richard AttenboroughDirector
- Richard DreyfussActor
- Richard GereActor
- Richard LewisComedian
- Richard LinklaterDirector
- Richard MaddenActor
- Richard NixonUnited States President
- Richard PryorComedian
- Richard ShermanFootball Player
- Richard WagnerComposer
Popularity Trend Chart
Roll over the visual for detailed rankings by year.
Source: Social Security Administration
Not sure you have the perfect name? Search to add more baby names to your My Favorites list.
Name added. View your list