Best of Baby Winner for Top Baby Food Maker
Think baby is ready for their first bite? Most pediatricians give the green light to introduce solids sometime between 4 and 6 months of age. If you’re game to play chef, a baby food maker will make puree prep easier than ever—not to mention, leave far fewer dirty dishes! With the push of a single button, the Beaba Babycook Neo steams, blends and purees everything from vegetables to meat. Their latest version is European-made and features a glass bowl and stainless steel steaming basket—two upgrades our testers loved. Silicone multiportion trays (sold separately) allow you to freeze for later—you can even defrost and reheat in the Neo. This all-in-one powerhouse will turn even a novice cook into a baby food making pro, trust us.
• A 5.2 cup glass bowl with graduated measure units makes cooking a breeze (and fewer dishes to wash!); the cooker is designed with 4 settings: steam cook, blend, reheat and defrost—you can do it all with one device
• You can prepare fruits, vegetables, meat or fish from raw to any stage (baby and toddler) in 15 minutes; plus, there’s only one button to push, so it’s hard to mess up mealtime even after a sleepless night
• A pulse-blend feature gives you complete control of the food’s texture, allowing you to adjust the consistency as baby grows
• The cooker was ingeniously designed for one-hand operation—because all babies want to be held when you’re busy in the kitchen
• A narrow footprint means the Neo can share the countertop with your bottle sterilizer, even in a cramped apartment
• It’s BPA-, lead- and phthalate-free
Buy it: $250, Bloomingdales.com
Check out some of our other favorite baby food makers
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.