Best of Baby Winner for Top Playard
A playard is a must-have for most parents, and here’s why: Sometimes, you just need a safe place to put baby. It’s an essential piece of travel gear for sure, since it doubles as a portable crib, but you don’t even have to leave home to get plenty of use out of it. Meet the brand-new Bugaboo Stardust. Unlike other playards, you can pop up the Stardust in one second flat—no work-out level assembly here. A plush mattress folds into the playard, which is a truly standout design element. Breathable mesh sides offer optimal airflow and let baby see their surroundings, while a zip-in newborn insert keeps little babies close. The lightweight model folds flat and totes easily in a carrying case, making it the ideal travel companion.
• It boasts an easy, one-second unfold; it folds back up in three easy steps (we’re talking seconds again) and even collapses with the mattress inside—genius!
• A lightweight, multi-layered mattress provides a comfortable place for baby to play or snooze; a cotton mattress cover is sold separately
• The pop-up playard also includes a zip-in newborn insert, allowing you to reach baby better when they’re little (shorter parents, rejoice!)
• A fully mesh exterior offers optimal breathability and lets baby keep an eye on you (and vice-versa) while you fix dinner
• The design is super-sleek, folding flat like a portfolio and weighing less than 15 pounds; a luxe carrying bag protects the playard when it’s not in use and makes it a breeze to travel with
Buy it: $299, Maisonette.com
Check out some of our other favorite playards