As a parent, regardless of whether you’re breastfeeding or formula-feeding, baby bottles are one of those products that you’ll use a whole bunch, day in and day out. So it’s important that your bottle of choice can live up to the task. It needs to be easy for baby to drink from (which can be more complicated than you might think) and easy for you to use and clean, all while weathering the constant wear and tear. That’s why we were so excited about the launch of Perry Mackin’s silicone baby bottle, which checks all these boxes and more. It even converts into a spill-proof straw cup that’ll serve you well once you start to wean baby off the bottle.
• The bottle is made from soft, skin-like silicone and features a naturally shaped nipple that’s easy for baby to latch on to, especially breastfed babies switching between breast and bottle
• The squishy, skin-like silicone also make the bottle easy for baby’s little hands to grip; as your child gets older, you can add anti-slip handles and a silicone straw (accessories sold separately) to help baby transition from bottle to cup
• An anti-colic air vent system is built into the nipple (no extra parts to assemble or clean!) to make sure baby doesn’t gulp down air, leading to less spit up, burping and gas
• It’s a breeze to clean: It has just three parts (nipple, ring and bottle), and the wide neck and rounded body mean you can wash out the bottle with a regular sponge, no special bottle brush necessary. It’s also safe to put in the dishwasher, boiling water and bottle sterilizer (and even the freezer and microwave)
• Impact-resistant, food-grade silicone is a safe, durable material with no pores for bacteria to enter, keeping things hygienic; on top of that, the bottle has a patented leak-proof, bacteria-resistant joint system that doesn’t use glue, so baby’s milk won’t come into contact with any toxic substances
Buy it: $36 for two, Amazon.com
Check out some of our other favorite baby bottles
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.