Standout Stroller Accessories, From Rain Covers to Snack Trays
Over the course of your kiddo’s first few years, you’ll end up spending a lot of time with their stroller. Whether you have a bassinet stroller for your newborn, a sit-and-stand style for your tot or any model in between, chances are it’ll be by your side more often than not. With all of that in mind, why not deck out your pushchair with top-notch stroller accessories? From rain covers and sun shades to footmuffs and cupholders, there are plenty of clever designs out there to upgrade your ride. Below, check out the best universal stroller accessories to treat baby (and yourself!) to extra comfort and convenience next time you stroll.
Ready to customize your wheels? These universal stroller accessories can be added to almost any stroller for an even smoother journey. Here, browse our favorite products available to shop now.
When cloudy weather rolls in, don’t be caught in the drizzle without a stroller rain cover. Our favorite is this universal design, which is compatible with most single strollers. It’s highly transparent—so you can easily see your little one—and features side ventilation for breathability and airflow. The cover is also equipped with a sturdy zipper to keep rain from seeping in—plus, an adjustable Velcro strap at the back to keep everything in place.
Dimensions: 22” (L) x 37” (W) x 37” (H) | Weight: 13.7 oz.
- Features a sturdy zipper to keep water out
- Transparent material and viewing panel
- Adjustable Velcro strap for straightforward installation
- May be too big for small or umbrella strollers
Older siblings are big fans of buggy boards—and we’re big fans of this universal style from Lascal, that’s able to turn your set of wheels into a double stroller in seconds. It’s compatible with more than 95 percent of pushchairs on the market, such as travel systems, three-wheel joggers and compact styles, to name a few. Thanks to the multiple width and length adjustments, modifying to meet your needs will be a breeze. Love the concept but looking for something a little smaller? Opt for the mini version instead.
Dimensions: 17” (L) x 10” (W) x 4” (H) | Weight: 6.4 lbs.
- Easy to install and simple to adjust
- Compatible with 95 percent of strollers on the market
- Also available in a mini version
- Universal connecter kit sold separately
- Not suitable for children under 2 years old
- Holds a maximum of 66 pounds
This super-cozy stroller footmuff has a temperature rating of 4 degrees Fahrenheit, so you won’t have to worry about baby getting cold while out and about in winter weather. Standout features you’ll love range from the thermal insulation and ergonomic hood to the waterproof finish and five-point harness openings. And if your little one hits a growth spurt—no worries. This stroller accessory features a zippered extension at the bottom, so you’ll be able to use it from infancy to toddlerhood. Best of all, if it needs a clean, just pop it into the washing machine and dryer—easy peasy.
Dimensions: 18” (L) x 4” (D) 40” (H) | Weight: 2.4 lbs.
- Five-point harness openings are compatible with most strollers and car seats
- Removable anti-slip back panel
- One size fits from 6 months to 4 years old
- Machine-washable and dryer-safe
- High price point, though reviewers say it’s worth the investment
Invented by moms for moms, these stroller hooks are the accessory you didn’t know you needed—until now. Take a load off with this pack, which comes with two sturdy, foam-covered hooks that can be connected anywhere on your pushchair. They have large openings to accommodate a wide variety of hanging items (like diaper bags, purses and even groceries)—plus, they can be opened with one hand for added convenience.
Dimensions: 4” (L) x 1.7” (W) 6.7” (H) | Weight: 8.1 oz.
- Parents love how versatile and easy to use they are
- Can be opened with one hand
- Soft, foam covering
- Some reviewers say they’re much larger than expected
If you have a double stroller, opt for a rain cover that’s wide enough to keep both of your kiddos comfy and dry. Our top pick? This universal option, which was made with side-by-side pushchairs in mind. The double stroller rain cover zips open and close, and has a large viewing window so your little ones can see what’s going on while they stay comfy and cozy. Better yet, it also features mesh side vents for added breathability and two waterproof bags at the back, so you can keep other essentials dry if you get caught in a drizzle.
Dimensions: 32” (L) x 37” (W) x 35” (H) | Weight: 1.1 lbs.
- Protects from wind, rain and snow
- Mesh side vents to promote airflow
- Sturdy zippers keep rain from seeping in
- Some reviewers say they wish it was more durable
If your little one loves to snack on the go, this universal stroller snack tray is a must-have. It features two cupholders—one for a drink and one with a detachable snack cup— to keep your kiddo’s favorite refreshments closeby and secure. The tray’s innovative clamp has a sturdy grip, so it easily connects to any part of your kiddo’s stroller, car seat or booster seat. Plus, it’s even top-rack dishwasher-safe so you can easily clean it when you get home.
Dimensions: 8.8” (L) x 6” (W) x 5” (H) | Weight: 11.2 oz.
- Features a drink holder and a detachable snack cup
- Secure grip keeps it in place
- Dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup
- Not suitable for cups with handles or wide styles
- Some parents wish the tray could be tightened a bit more
Just like a bike lock, a stroller lock is an antitheft device that’s ideal for keeping your stroller safe when you need to leave it in public (or a Disney World stroller parking area). The universal accessory is compatible with all stroller types and features a long cable that can be looped through a wheel to lock your pushchair. It’s made from aircraft-grade stainless steel and has a resettable, three-digit dial. Plus, when your little one graduates to a wagon, tricycle, scooter or bicycle, it can also be used to secure their new set of wheels.
Dimensions: 2.8” (L) x 1” (W) x 4.3” (H) | Weight: 4.2 oz.
- Universal design is compatible with all strollers, thanks to its long cable
- Versatile design can also be used for bikes, trikes, scooters or wagons
- Three-digit dial can be reset
- Some parents say there was a learning curve when figuring out how to set it up
Have kids, will travel—with a stroller in tow, of course. Luckily, this cover is here to help, especially when it comes to checking your pushchair in at the airport. The versatile bag is compatible with all car seats and most single strollers; just put your gear in it, pull the lockable drawstring closure and it’ll be ready to go. Other travel-friendly features include the dual carry handles, the large ID box and the durable, water-resistant fabric. This baby travel essential is sure to make your packing list from here on out!
Dimensions: 21” (L) x 13” (W) x 46” (H) | Weight: 13.3 oz.
- Lockable, drawstring closure to keep gear protected
- Durable, water-resistant fabric is great for travel
- Large ID box for easy identification at airports
- Not compatible with double strollers and some single strollers; check the dimensions before purchasing
Protecting your little one from the sun is important, even once they pass the six-month mark and can start wearing sunscreen. To ensure they’re in the cool shade as you stroll, consider getting a stroller sun cover—like this clever product. The universal design has a 30+ UPF rating (meaning it blocks 80 percent of the sun’s harmful rays), while still being sheer enough that you can easily see baby. Using the cover’s straps, you’ll be able to easily install and adjust the shade to meet your needs. Plus, it’s available in three sizes—including medium, large and extra-large—so you can find the best fit for your stroller.
Dimensions: 31.5” (L) x 24.8” (W) | Weight: 2.5 oz.
- UPF 30+ rating
- Comes with adjustable straps
- Available in three different sizes
- Some reviewers say the material is slightly thicker than expected
- Others wish it was slightly longer
Here’s another great stroller accessory for summer: A portable cooler. This one was designed to attach to pushchairs, so you can count on it to be parent- and travel-friendly. It features a spacious insulated compartment that’s ideal for keeping milk bottles, baby food, sippy cups and toddler snacks at the perfect temperature while you’re on the move. Other highlights include the adjustable carrying strap and buckles that ensure its weight is distributed evenly.
Dimensions: 13” (L) x 3.5” (W) x 10” (H) | Weight: 1 lb.
- Spacious main compartment that’s insulated
- Adjustable buckles and center strap for even weight distribution
- Detachable shoulder strap for other portability options
- Some reviewers say it may be too heavy for smaller strollers
In addition to a fan, a stroller liner can help keep your kiddo cool on warm days. Specifically designed for sunny weather, this option is made from plush mesh that’s moisture-wicking and promotes airflow. This way, baby is less likely to have a sweaty back by the time you reach your destination. Attach it to your stroller in seconds, thanks to the universal harness strap slots.
Dimensions: 7.5” (L) x 1.5” (W) x 14” (H) | Weight: 4.8 oz.
- Moisture-wicking material promotes airflow and regulates body temperature
- Harness strap slots and strap hooks to easily attach it to your stroller
- Some reviewers say the slots weren’t entirely compatible with their stroller
If you live in a region with lots of insects—especially in warm, humid weather—this stroller bug net will have your back. Thanks to its honeycomb mesh design, the cover will prevent mosquitos and other insects from disturbing your little one, whether you’re taking a walk in the park, on a hike or just running errands. The versatile design stretches to fit most strollers, car seats, bassinets and even cribs. What’s more, it comes in a convenient pack of two and is available in several color options, including pink, white, blue and brown.
Dimensions: 29” (L) x 27” (H) | Weight: 5.9 oz.
- Honeycomb mesh design prevents insects from disturbing baby
- Parents say it’s simple but very effective
- Comes in a convenient pack of two and in several colors
- Some reviewers say it’s slightly too big for their stroller
Here’s an accessory parents will appreciate: A universal stroller cupholder. This handy design from Skip Hop seamlessly connects to the handlebars of strollers, shopping carts and everything in between. Best of all, you can count on the secure rubber grip to stay in place, no matter what terrain you’re rolling over. Reviewers praise it for being easy to use, sturdy and super versatile—one parent says: “Just don't forget it on the cart!”
Dimensions: 4.3” (L) x 5.3” (W) x 3.8” (H) | Weight: 8 oz.
- Universal design can be used to hold coffee, water bottles and more
- Parents love how it’s secure, sturdy and versatile
- Easily adjustable to keep drinks upright
- Some reviewers say it’s slightly bulkier than expected
- Holds a maximum of 5 lbs.
To help you find the best stroller accessories for your family, we browsed dozens of products from leading baby brands and trusted online retailers, so you don’t have to spend hours scrolling. When choosing which accessories to feature in our roundup, we considered several factors. These included ease of use, portability, quality, value, size, style and, of course, safety. We also read user reviews to get the lowdown on how these products have worked for real families, and didn’t consider anything with less than an average four-star rating.
Interested in learning more about our editorial process? Read about how our team develops and reviews all articles here.