Checklist: Maternity Ward Tour
Hey, the next time you see this room, you'll be in labor. Get the details now.
Since getting your questions answered is the whole point of taking a maternity ward tour, planning them out beforehand is definitely a good idea. Here are a few to get you started:
- When we arrive, do we need to check in at the front desk, or can I waddle straight to the maternity ward?
- What are the policies on cameras and video cameras?
- Are cell phones allowed?
- Will baby be able to stay in my room the whole time?
- Can my partner stay the night?
- What are my chances for getting a private room? Will my insurance cover it?
- What sort of breastfeeding support is offered? How does it work?
- Where and when are my other children allowed to be with me?
- Is there any extra paperwork involved to get my partner’s name on the birth certificate? (If you aren’t married)
- Can I pre-register a couple of weeks before delivery? (Getting some of the legal hoopla out of the way can be very freeing.)
Pregnancy Week by Week
Select your week below to track each stage of your third trimester.
Already a member? Log In
Sign up for weekly updates to help you on the road to parenthood!
Choose Your Journey