The roller coaster of emotions starts the minute you see that positive test. And no matter how much you do to get ready for the next nine months—reading up on impending symptoms and physical changes, and getting advice from mom friends—actually experiencing pregnancy is still pretty shocking. Read on for some of the craziest moments coming your way, from the highs (like feeling baby move for the first time) to the lows (uh, hemorrhoids). Because the best way to prepare for the unexpected is with a healthy sense of humor.
1. When you see baby’s heartbeat on the ultrasound screen.
2. When you wake up and realize your chest has seemingly grown a cup size overnight.
3. When that first bout of morning sickness hits as you’re getting ready for work.
4. When your raging hormones produce a roller coaster of emotions...often in the same convo.
5. When your food cravings lead to unusual eating habits.
6. When you finally have a noticeable bump and it doesn’t just look like you’ve packed on a few.
7. When you think you feel baby move for the first time—but it could’ve also been the burrito you ate for lunch.
8. When you wake up to swelling, itching and overall discomfort down there.
9. When you’re getting ready for bed and are startled by those first Braxton-Hicks contractions.
10. When just the thought of going No. 2 strikes fear in your heart.
11. When you tour the maternity ward, realize how far you’ve come, and know you’re so ready for what’s next.
The Bump and Tucks present The Bottom Line, a sponsored series to help moms-to-be prepare for the physical changes they’ll experience during pregnancy and postpartum. Learn about how medicated cooling pads can help at Tucks.com.