The Best Maternity Pajamas to Keep You Comfy and Cozy
Cozy, quality pajamas are always a treat—especially for soon-to-be moms. And if you enjoy snuggling up at home (who doesn’t?), you may want to refresh your loungewear collection. Whether you’re newly pregnant or in your final trimester, maternity pajamas are definitely worth the investment. After all, maternity sleepwear is designed for fashion and function.
The best pregnancy pajamas and maternity nightgowns are made from breathable fabrics, have relaxed fits, adjust to accommodate your growing bump and breasts and are stylish to boot. You can wear them to bed, while you’re hanging out at home or at the hospital after baby has made their big debut. In fact, many maternity PJ sets double as nursing pajamas, meaning they’ll work for your postpartum life too! Keep reading to discover our favorite places to buy maternity pajama sets, plus browse a few of our favorite pairs of maternity and nursing pajamas to buy right now.
Ready to shop for some ultra-comfortable maternity sleepwear? Here are four of the best places to buy maternity pajama sets. Whether you’re looking to invest in some designer pieces, or simply need some comfortable maternity pajamas for the hospital, these online stores cover all bases.
- PinkBlush Maternity: PinkBlush Maternity carries a fantastic range of clothing, including stylish maternity sleepwear. From cute plus-size maternity PJ pants to night dresses, there’s something for every trendy mama-to-be at this online destination. The cool patterns, versatile pieces and inclusive sizes make this a standout brand.
- Nordstrom: Not sure what you’re looking for? You’re bound to find something that catches your eye at Nordstrom. From stretchy pieces to maternity nightgown and robe sets, the retailer’s website has a great selection of sleepwear. There are even maternity PJ sets that come with matching wraps for baby!
- LAKE Pajamas: If you’re searching for high-quality maternity PJs, LAKE Pajamas has got you covered. Their pregnancy collection includes several sets, nightgowns and robes, all in Parisian-inspired patterns and hues. An added bonus: All of their maternity pajamas feature nursing-friendly snaps, making them ideal for the fourth trimester as well.
- HATCH: HATCH is your one-stop shop for high-end maternity clothing and sleepwear. From cashmere pajamas to soft pointelle night dresses, these pieces will add a little luxury to your daily (and nightly) routine. Be sure to check out the brand’s cotton nightgowns and PJ sets, which are perfect for pregnancy and postpartum.
Whatever the season, comfy maternity pajamas are must-haves. Can’t make it to the store? No worries; there are plenty of wonderful options available online. From breezy maternity nightgowns to cozy two-piece sets, we’ve rounded up the best jammies that’ll keep you comfortable from pregnancy to parenthood.
Best maternity pajama sets
Pajama sets offer all-day comfort, and are great for lounging around the house. Choose a shirt and pants set for chillier weather (or when you’re at home all day with the air-conditioner blasting). You can, of course, also swap out the pants for maternity pajama shorts if you tend to get hot at night. Either way, these flexible sets are great to wear during pregnancy and in the early days with baby, when you want to look nice without having to worry about more outfit changes than are necessary (because leaky breasts and baby spit-up will certainly call for a few!).
The best pregnancy pajamas are stylish and functional. This sleek set checks both boxes. The soft material is made from bamboo, which is naturally hypoallergenic and helps to regulate temperature—perfect for a peaceful night’s sleep.
Sizes: XS to XXL | Material: 95% bamboo viscose/5% spandex | Color options: 1
- Crossover neckline for easy nursing access
- Made from soft bamboo that’s hypoallergenic, moisture-wicking and antibacterial
- Don’t tumble dry, bleach or dry clean
- Only one color option
Next up on our list of top-rated maternity PJs is this chic pair. Crafted from 100 percent Peruvian Pima cotton, this maternity pajama set is among the softest sleepwear out there. It includes a relaxed-fit shirt (with nursing-friendly snap closure) and high-waisted pants, complete with a stretchy, elastic waistband. Choose a striped style in hues like hydrangea blue, French blue or Parisian green.
Sizes: XXS to XXL | Material: 100% cotton | Color options: 5
- Short-sleeve style features nursing-friendly snaps
- Pants have a comfy, elasticated waistband
- Can be worn throughout pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Fabric will shrink during first wash
- Lay flat to dry
These easy, breezy jammies will keep you comfy from the initial stages of pregnancy all the way through to the fourth trimester. The capri-length pants offer a wide waistband, and the tank top’s snap front allows for straightforward nursing access (which will come in handy during those early-morning and late-night feeds). Choose from several stylish hues, like daffodil, wisteria and navy.
Sizes: S to XL | Material: 95% cotton/5% spandex | Color options: 6
Lightweight, super-soft and nursing-friendly, these maternity PJs are sure to check all of the boxes on your list. The ruched top can be pulled down at a moment’s notice for feeding—and, better yet, the equally comfy bottoms can be counted on to keep you cozy during pregnancy and the postpartum period. Searching for the perfect plus-size maternity pajama pants? No problem—this pair is available in several cool colors in sizes S to XXL.
Sizes: S to XXL | Material: 94% viscose/6% spandex | Color options: 3
- Pull-down, ruched top for straightforward breastfeeding
- Lightweight fabric to keep you cool
- Stretchy pajama pants, complete with convenient pockets
- 28.5” inseam may not be suitable for tall moms-to-be
- Reviewers suggest sizing up for a more comfortable fit
Who said maternity pajamas for the hospital can’t be chic? Case in point: This three-piece lounge set from Storq. It comes in several cool colorways, like indigo, sage and cinnamon, and features a loose-fitting tank, mid-rise pants and a belted robe jacket. Perfect for sleeping, lounging, nursing or anything in between, the maternity pajama set is made from super-soft, breathable cotton that gracefully drapes while still offering a bit of structure.
Sizes: XS to 4XL | Material: 95% cotton/5% spandex | Color options: 4
- Flowy, stretchy three-piece set will adapt to your current stage
- Nursing- and c-section-friendly
- Available in inclusive sizing options
- High price point
- Lay flat to dry
If you run hot at night, this maternity pajama shorts set is for you. The classic PJs have a button-down top and shorts with an elasticized waistband for your comfort from dusk to dawn. Better yet, they’re both made from breathable, temperature-regulating bamboo to keep you cool. Other details you’ll appreciate include the convenient pockets, the elegant piping and the stretchy fabric that will adapt to meet your changing needs.
Sizes: S to XXL | Material: 95% bamboo viscose/5% spandex | Color options: 4
- Made from stretchy, temperature-regulating fabric to keep you cool
- Button-down top is ideal for easy breastfeeding, according to reviewers
- Timeless style
- 3.5” inseam for all sizes
- Machine wash cold
Soft and flowy with contrast piping, these fashion-forward silk maternity pajamas will keep you comfortable throughout pregnancy. We adore the bold floral print, practical button-down front and wide-leg pants, complete with pockets.
Sizes: XS to XL | Material: 100% rayon | Color options: 1
- Flowy wide leg pants, complete with pockets
- Button-down top for easy nursing access
- Unique floral print
- Only available in one color
Dreaming of adorable mommy and me outfits once baby arrives? Start early with this five-piece maternity pajama set. The comfy jammies include a tank top, pants and a robe for Mom, and a matching hat and gown for newborns. These would make especially cute maternity pajamas for the hospital!
Sizes: XS to XL | Material: 95% rayon/5% spandex | Color options: 30
- Five-piece pajama set includes a comfy outfit for Mom and baby
- Ideal for wearing in the hospital
- Postpartum-friendly details like crossover top and elasticized pants
- Some color options and patterns aren’t available at all retailers
- Newborn gown size is 0-3 months
Treat yourself to a luxury maternity pajamas set, like these PJs from Eberjey, that Oprah described as “soft, flattering and timeless.” They’re made from an ultra-soft temperature-regulating knit fabric that will stretch and flow in all the right places. Although these aren’t technically maternity pajamas, the low-waisted pants and relaxed button-down top make them pregnancy- and postpartum-friendly for sure. These luxe pajamas can also be monogrammed; just choose your favorite of the 23 cool colors available, and you’ll be good to go. Another idea: The set would also make a perfect push present for the mom-to-be in your life!
Sizes: XS to XL | Material: 95% lyocell modal/5% spandex | Color options: 23
- Timeless style can be worn before, during and after pregnancy
- Nursing- and c-section-friendly design
- Can be monogrammed
- High price point
- Not technically maternity pajamas
Best maternity nightgowns
For a chic look, a maternity nightgown makes a great option. It’s a smart way to stay cooler at night while you’re sleeping, and it can be worn underneath a robe for daytime style. And when it comes to growing with your bump, you can’t really beat a free-flowing nightgown. Check out our selection of the best maternity nightgowns below.
On the hunt for a versatile maternity nightgown? You can’t go wrong with this 3-in-1 design, which has thousands of positive reviews—and with good reason. You’ll appreciate how soft it is (especially when your skin is sensitive postpartum), and the gentle, stretchy waistband there to support your stomach without pressing on it. For added convenience, it has a V-neck design, so you can breastfeed in a moment’s notice.
Sizes: S to XXL | Material: 95% rayon/5% spandex | Color options: 26
- Ideal for wearing during delivery and in the hospital, according to reviewers
- Moms-to-be love how flattering, stretchy and nursing-accessible it is
- Some reviewers report pilling after washing
Not a pajama-set person? No worries—there are tons of cute maternity nightgowns available, including this striped sleep dress from LAKE Pajamas. It’s made from 100 percent Pima cotton that’s naturally breathable, which is key for sleepers that run hot. The loose fit provides ample coverage for your growing belly, and a button-down neckline gives you easy nursing access too.
Sizes: XXS to XXL | Material: 100% cotton | Color options: 2
- Features nursing-friendly snaps and room for a bump
- Made from soft, durable Pima cotton
- Fabric will shrink during first wash
- Size up if you’re between sizes
This pretty, lace-trimmed maternity nightgown set comes with a matching robe for a touch of warmth. You’ll love the sleep dress’s loose fit that will grow with you as your pregnancy progresses and lift-up nursing access for later on. An added bonus: It comes with a matching striped wrap for baby—how sweet!
Sizes: S to XXL | Material: 70% rayon/25% cotton/5% spandex | Color options: 1
- Matching, lace-trimmed set complete with a comfy robe
- Reviewers say it’s super flattering on
- Comes with a matching wrap for baby
- Line dry only
- Only available in one color
Prepare to sleep (or at least lounge) like a baby in this maternity nightgown. Designed with nursing in mind, it features clip-down straps for your convenience and is made from a soft, smooth spandex jersey for extra comfort. As its name suggests, this versatile design could even be worn as a sweet summer dress!
Sizes: XS to 3XL | Material: 92% modal/8% spandex | Color options: 2
- Has in internal shelf bra for support
- Clips down one-handed for easy nursing access
- Versatile design can be worn for sleep, lounging or everyday activities
- Wash before wearing to prevent potential snags in the fabric
- Lay flat to dry
With a loose fit, this adorable maternity nightgown works for all three trimesters and beyond. Nursing moms will love the clip-down double opening that’s perfect for late-night and early morning feeding sessions. For added comfort, it also has a built-in shelf bra with removable padding—plus, a flowing skirt to accommodate fluctuations during and after pregnancy.
Sizes: XS to XL | Material: Cotton/modal/spandex | Color options: 2
- Built-in bra with removable padding for added support
- Clip-down straps allow for easy nursing access
- Runs small, according to some reviewers
Gap is another great place to find standout maternity sleepwear. Case in point: This sweet sleep dress. Designed with new moms and moms-to-be in mind, it’s made from a soft modal knit that will keep you cool during warm nights and hot flashes. The relaxed fit falls just above the knee, and features a simple but effective button-down top so you can feed baby with ease day or night.
Sizes: XS to XL | Material: 95% modal/5% spandex | Color options: 4
- Relaxed silhouette falls just above the knee
- Has a button-down top for nursing access
- Choose your pre-pregnancy size for the best fit
We can’t get enough of Kindred Bravely’s sleepwear line, including this maternity sleep shirt. It’s made from a soft bamboo blend, and boasts an open-neck collar and button-down front. This way, it opens up fully for skin-to-skin contact during breastfeeding sessions and newborn cuddles. Designed to wear before, during and after pregnancy, the premium fabric will stretch to meet your current stage, remaining breathable and temperature-regulating at all times.
Sizes: S to XXL | Material: 95% bamboo viscose/5% spandex | Color options: 3
- Made from a breathable, temperature-regulating bamboo blend
- Button-down design is ideal for skin-to-skin contact with baby
- Has pockets for added convenience
- Machine wash cold
Last but not least is this flattering maternity nightgown that’s made with a blend of modal and spandex, resulting in a stretchy, breathable feel. The minimalist sleep dress has cami straps and a rounded neckline—plus, it falls just above the knee for comfy coverage. Better yet, if you’re looking for plus-size maternity pajamas, it’s also available in inclusive sizing options.
Sizes: S to XL | Material: 95% modal/5% spandex | Color options: 4
- Reviewers say it hugs their bumps nicely
- Minimalist style
- Also comes in plus-size options
- Hand wash cold; line dry
We get it—pregnancy requires a lot of gear, and it can be hard to find the best fit. To streamline your decision-making process, our goal is to do the bulk of the research for you, so you don’t have to spend hours scrolling through online retailers. We do this by considering a list of criteria when sourcing products, including quality, durability, value and style. This way you get the best bang for your buck, while also having a dependable product you can count on for many slumbers to come.
To decide which products are the best options on the market, we leverage our familiarity with leading maternity brands to make sure items are from reliable manufacturers. We read user reviews to get the low-down on how these products work for expectant moms, and typically don’t consider anything with less than an average four-star rating. And since many of us are also parents, we rely on our writers’ and editors’ experience using these products.
Interested in learning more about our editorial process? Read about how our team develops and reviews all articles here.