Q&A: Essential Maternity Clothes?
What are basic pieces you should invest in that'll last throughout your pregnancy?
There are five essentials:
- A pair of great-fitting maternity jeans with a supportive belly panel you can live in and style accordingly for almost any occasion.
- Leggings, of course. They’re easy and comfortable!
- Tops and formfitting tanks that can be worn as layering pieces throughout the entire pregnancy and beyond.
- A little black dress to pair with your favorite jewelry.
- Your ultimate must-have: maternity bras. We encourage expecting mothers to visit a specialty maternity store to have a free bra fitting to make sure you get the right size.
Expert: Olivia Capone Myers, Style Director for Destination Maternity Corporation, the world’s largest designer and retailer of maternity apparel.