Delish Meals in Under 30 Minutes
March 2, 2017
Whether you’re a new mom with her hands full or an expecting mom who’s exhausted, the last thing you want to do is cook dinner tonight. We’ve got nine amazing recipes that will only take a half hour, but will look (and taste) like you slaved away all day.
Apricot Glazed Pork Chops with Lime Cilantro Couscous
1 Tbl. olive oil
1/2 Tbl. peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
1/4 cup apricot marmalade or jam
2 bone-in pork loin chops(each 8 to 10 oz. and 1⁄2-in. thick), fat trimmed Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
1/2 cup couscous
1 Tbl. chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp. grated lime zest
1 Tbl. fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to broil, with the rack set 4 to 6 inches from the heat.
- In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger and cook until golden brown. Add marmalade or jam, and reduce heat to medium.
- Place pork on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; season generously with salt and pepper. Brush both sides with the apricot glaze.
- Broil until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork chop reads 155°F (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- While the pork chops are in the oven, begin the couscous by following the directions on the box. After removing the couscous from heat, stir in cilantro, lime juice and zest.
- Carefully remove pork chops from oven and brush again with marmalade. Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before serving with the couscous.